Wednesday, December 4, 2013

AG-009, Freeway, and AG-010, Kaboom!

No, this is not a rerun. I was just so happy that I finally got the paddles to work with Stella so I could record sounds from paddle games, and I corrected what in my opinion was a horrible oversight in the Circus Atari episode. Anyway. This episode is about one of the greatest paddle games ever, Kaboom!, and Freeway. I can't say enough good things about Kaboom. Next week I'll be looking at Night Driver and Golf by Atari, followed by Ghost Manor and Spike's Peak by Xonox, Turbo and Venture by Coleco, and Maze Craze and Video Checkers by Atari. Sandwiched in between there will be, let's just call it the holiday memories show at this point. If you have any stories or memories of any of these games, please send them to 2600gamebygame@comcast.net. For the holiday memories show, please get those in by the 20th so I can put it together over that weekend. Thank you everyone, hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving, and mazel tov!

Pertinent Links

Good Deal Games interview with David Crane
Freeway patch
Bloody Human Freeway on Atari Protos
Avalanche at KLOV
Kaboom Easter Eggs on 2600 Connection
Wow.
How To Beat The Home Video Games - Kaboom!
Favorite Atari 2600 Games of FocusRS - Kaboom!
Favorite Atari 2600 Games of FocusRS - Freeway!
Kaboom patch
2004 Activision Keynote Address at CGE

No comments:

Post a Comment