Wednesday, March 19, 2014

CX 2639, Othello, & CX 2640, RealSports Baseball!

This week I talk about Othello and RealSports Baseball, the latter being the first silver label game that I'm discussing! Rick from the Intellivisionaries Podcast and I pitted our respective consoles against each other in Reversi/Othello, which you can watch on Youtube via the link below. Special thanks to Rick for suggesting this, and also for recording it and hosting it on the Intellivisionaries Youtube page! Next week I'll be talking about Fast Eddie and Deadly Duck by Sirius/20th Century Fox. Upcoming games include Surround and A Game of Concentration (AKA Hunt 'n' Score) by Atari; Suicide Mission and Killer Satellites by Starpath; James Bond 007 and Gyruss by Parker Brothers; Codebreaker, Flag Capture & Video Chess by Atari; and Title Match Pro Wrestling and Skateboardin' by Absolute. You can send your thoughts and memories of these games or any games I've already covered to 2600gamebygame@comcast.net. Your submissions are what make this show fun! Thank you everyone!

Pertinent Links

Atari 2600 vs. Intellivision: Reversi vs. Othello
LONG Ed Logg interview (PDF download)
Atari Protos RealSports baseball page 
Atari Museum page on the Atari 2600 Jr.
RealSports Baseball commercial with Billy Martin

2 comments:

  1. I just started this podcast. I love it! Well done! I don't have an old 2600 console, but I play alot of emulations and really like the time warp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started the podcast, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete